4.6.11

Cue the soundtrack music and hit play.


Perhaps the geekiest poster in my room. Apart from the Harry Potter ones... and my "school achievement" garb.
Hai, Dirty Room.

Hai, Harrison.

Shirt: Own
Sailor Skirt: F21
Tailored "Beetlejuice" Jacket: Downtown L.A.
Glitter Flats: Target Sale
Ribbon Thingie: er, Walmart?
Flower Purse: DIY

                        Perhaps I've never mentioned it before, but, I am quite the rebel around here. My badass qualities are too numerous include in a single blog post, but among the shenanigans I'm up to as of current include: spray painting (purse and shoes), sleeping at 4 am (reading books), and watching horror films (read: sleeping through Hannibal). You should be terrified of me, or you run the risk of being glittered down to the floor by my ultraviolet eyes (I need glasses). Okay, so I might be more of a DIY geek than a "Rebel Without A Cause", but it doesn't matter 'cause I DID SOMETHING TOTALLY PRODUCTIVE AND NON-SLOTH-LIKE. The pain of the summer that hasn't even started was quickly transforming me into some sort of tan puddle of pure boredom, so I pleaded my mother for some cans of paint to put me out of the forsaken misery. Long story short, I found an old, ripping, flower-shaped jewelry box and sprayed the color out of that thing, thus providing me with the accessory I am now sure I can't live without. I mean, it's black and flower shaped!
                        I will carry on the will to DIY, for I have fond many things in the intra webs I am diying to try (see what I did thurrr?). Like painting my very own fake Docs'cause I have absolutely no cash to invest in an original pair. Or making a beautiful heart bag out of latex and wire, like the one I've drooled over in the Nanny.

9 comments:

  1. cake lollipop whaaaa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! (I think I say that on all of your posts..I mean it every time though! <3) I never would have guessed that you spray painted that purse. It looks so good! You've got skillz, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that. is. so. cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is amazing feeling on your photos !! love it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahha. I love your geekdom. And your rebellion. I'm a little scared to comment right now, actually. I'm kind of thinking that you could, like, be right behind me about to murder me or something. YOU JUST OOZE REBEL.

    (Am I taking it too far? Bahah.)

    But you look fierce. I adore that blazer. I NEED IT.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg you like john green's books too? ahhhhhh WE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo well done with all the DIY, I really want to try some but I'm worried I'll ruin the original items and then get really pissed off with myself! I adore your style - loving the whole stripy blazer, ribbon on the ballet pumps and the blue in your hair. I really need to stop going to bed at 4am too, although instead of reading I've been watching episodes of Gilmore Girls and/or Lizzie McGuire. Oh the shame! Also, I noticed I'm in your sidebar - thank you a lotso, I'm beaming :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mixture of geek and rebellion is always the best.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit!
    You've got a lovely blog, would you like to follow each other?

    www.fashionwhit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete