15.7.11

Mischief Managed




Shirt: DIY (lots of bleach and  iron-on paper transfers)
Tights: Swap-Meet
Sparkly Black Shoes (not shown): Randon Strip Store


                      Does it seem as if Harry Potter is everywhere nowadays, or is it only me? Harry Potter is, to use Ron's choice of word, "brilliant". In a lone corner in a yardsale, I found a book that would forever make an impact on my young life; it's name was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I knew of the movies of course, but had absolutely no idea how much of a thrill this book would bring to my life. It didn't matter that my English wasn't the greatest; the book sucked me right into the middle of perilous adventures one can only imagine of. I befriended the characters, learned from the lessons, hexed the evil, and cried* as the characters I loved were snatched away from me and the "Golden Trio".Book by book, I discovered secrets about the mysteries and myself. Who would I be now if I hadn't solemnly sworn to be up to no good with Gred and Feorge and follow in the (bare) footsteps of a dreamy, raddish-earringed Luna? Ron, Hermione, and Harry are one of my closest friends. It bothers me that people have suddenly gone all "oh, it's the end. This is it, Harry no more", for the stories and adventures will always be there for us, captured in the cracked spines of tear-streaked books and scratched DVDs.




*I actually cried. Fer real, yo. Tonight in the midnight viewing, I did quite the amount of silent crying that my (HARRY POTTER SPECS) 3D glasses got a bit streaky. I hate it when people, fictional or non-fictional, die. Contrary to "popular" (read: tumblr) belief, my tears weren't caused by the so-called "end" of Harry Potter: they were running down my cheeks cause--------------- I won't say why because I loathe it when people go ahead and spoil the movie for others.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! I'ma fanatic of Harry too, even I have tattooed the Deathly Hallows in my side! Hahahaha come to my blog , tell me if you like and follow me if is yes!!


    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for Harry Potter. I had my first book read to me when i was 5 and was hooked from there on. I devored eaach book. Dress up as the characters for each holoween. I cried when Dublmedore died and hoped and prayed that on my 11th birthday i would recieve a letter to hogwarts. I wanted to be a Harry potters sister and just be apart of that world. They are my friends forever. Thanks for this amazing post

    ReplyDelete
  3. jajajaja hablas en español!! mi gozo en un pozo, espero no haberlo echo muy mal por lo menos, un besazo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear lots of people cried and here am I yet to watch it

    Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand your feeling. I first read HP when I was 9, and it simply stayed with me ever since. Nice sunglasses :)

    http://rosysky2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete