6.7.11

What time is it?

 Time to pretend I'm a glittery, poofy fish.

Dress: Mother's F21
Glitter, Glitter Skirt; Handmade Gift  From Nana


                     Hey, everybody, IT'S SUMMER. Just in case you hadn't noticed the tortorous heat or sunburnt bodies, I am here to give you the unofficial official welcome. Okay, so a couple of weeks might have passed since summer really begun, but I've been so deep into my "lazing-around-the-house" mode that I rarely notice when the sun sets because I am barely ressurecting from my slumber by that time. Oh god, I sound like the world's best-performing sloth, but SLEEP IS PRECIOUS, and I don't get enough of it during the school year so it's all cool, pals. 

                     Apart from sleeping and stalking the interwebz, I've been wondering about the meaning of life. No, not really. I've been thinking about bursting through my little bubble of "comfort and giving a care as to what everybody else thinks". So I dressed as a wanna-be mermaid. Or a humanoid fish. Yeah, not my most covincing get-up, but, as a kid, did you ever wanted be a mermaid (or merman) and be able to swim for hours without surfacing for a breath of air? Pretending to be magical creatures was by far one of the best parts of my childhood. That and Disneyland trips and Tamgotchis. Maybe thats why I am so moody as a teenager. I no longer play around with the idea of becoming myself, and instead prefer to play the ever-boring game of "Going With the Flow". I might not who my self really is, but maybe a few more round of funky dress-ups will help define a smaller part of me: my style (or lack of style). Or I could bop from character to character, trying out different versions of myself. After all, why must we define everything?

                  ( For now, I will just be happy with wearing shiny blue skirts. Glittery fabrics and glitter in general are my personal source of happiness. I spent so much of my time prancing around in all black outfits that when I see clashing colors, mesmerizing prints, and spurts of glitter, I go berserk. The ecstatic, jolly type of berserk, not the trigger-happy manic one.)

11 comments:

  1. You look so cute i love the skirt and the belt is killer.
    I love sleep in the summer as well. Summer is a great time for reflection and reinvention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in total and complete love with this outfit! It's very mermaid-y~
    And you've made me realize that I seriously need a glittery skirt in my life. *.* I've been missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that skirt is amazing, i love the colour and glitterrr!! and I used to love mermaids as a kid too, love that you're reliving your childhood in this outfit haha!! :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. re: It's hard to outline my relationship with the Biebs... mostly I just think he's kind of silly. I mean, I can't believe someone like him actually exists! He's like, this total "chick-magnet". He has captured millions of teenage hearts!!! So weird. I don't like his music but I will wear him on my nails any day. I's like, the epitome of teenage girldom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DUDDDDDDDDEEEEEE. That skirt is, um, AMMMAZIIINGGGG. Seriously. I am craving to go to the fabric store RIGHT NOW so I can buy some shiny fabric and have a super sparkly skirt like yours. Loooove!

    And I love what you've written - I totally know EXACTLY how you're feeling. I'm a lost, uncertain teenage girl. What am I suppose to be? Do? I have no idea. But in the meantime, I may as well wear weird clothes and have fun being young and weird.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit! Specially your skirt, it reminded me of those galactic-looking patterns; it's really cool!

    Also, Tamagotchiiiii! * 3* I was obsessed with those as a child; one of the best parts of childhood for me c:

    And don't worry, we all feel that way at some given point, just stay positive and true to yourself and you'll be fine. Try to cheer up a bit!

    ~ Orphin's Domains ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You remind me of Ariel in a little mermaid! I wanted to be her so bad when I was a kid.

    I love your existential musings as well - I've thought about this too but I'm no closer to an answer - I guess I've reached the conclusion that Disney was right. Follow your heart, always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ! Really really cool blog ! :3
    Love your outfits ! <3
    Bye ~~
    Takuka
    http://Takuka.over-blog.com
    http://TakuPoulp.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love glittery fabrics, but urs blows me mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree! Defining everything is a waste of time. Be what/whoever you wanna be in the moment. True creativity happens that way! ;) P.S. - freakin' awesome skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi! i found you thru http://akisforkate.blogspot.com/

    love the fish theme! it looks great! your nana made that skirt? wow, she must be the awesomest nana ever!

    the fishtail belt is amazing! jealous!

    http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/
    http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete