2.1.11

That Zombie Thing Isn't Really Scheduled For 2011, Right?

             Happy Beginning Of The Year! I don't have any fireworks to offer, will this handsome piece of odd-smelling candle suffice? What says "Happy New Year, Let's Hope There's No Zombie Invasion/ Human Apocalypse Any Day Soon" better than a wee candle?
           Determined to live up to my ravenous party animal rep, I did what every other lively teenager with an amibtion to fire up the night would do on the one occasion getting shitfaced is completely normal: Watch Toy Story 3, stuff the grapehole with grapes, watch endless Youtube videos, and get dressed up for it. Okay, so I wasn't shimmying my boa-draped shoulders to the sounds of a 2010 Farewell rave or groping it up with a lovedove in an euphoric state, but getting irrationaly angered over the fact that Lotso the demonic bag of strawberry-scented excrement didn't help the other toys out even though Woody and Buzz risked their lives to save his nasty ass is just as hip and filled with adrenaline kicks as kissing the year away in Las Vegas Blvd. My sister cruised the nights of Paris; I cruised the movie-selection piles. On the bright side, I am now the proud know-er of a good portion of Queen songs!
Small Trolley "San Francisco" Bag & Liz Clairbone Tan Bag: Thrift Store
Earrings: Nana's Loving Present To Me
Dragonfly Necklace: Forever 21
Elephant Charm: Came Off A F21 Necklace
Eiffel Tower Charm: Ripped Off A Las Vegas Key Chain
HeadBand & Other Necklace: Ahem.. Sister Please Don't Kill Me
"Pearl" and Ribbon: Materialized by me
Unseen Boots: Thrifted
Dress: Foreign Exchange


                Despite the fact that I spent the night in the confined arms of chairs and the couch, I couldn't resist breaking out my delicate dress from my very organized closet (To be politically and morally correct, the terms apocalytic chaos of a bedroom floor are more liable for accuracy.) and putting it on, along with accesories not even required for couch sitting. The phrase "All dressed up and nowhere to go" couldn't have been more fitting, and I couldn't have cared less. Who needs a reason to feel good? If I were to dress up exclusively for only the most exciting days of my life, I would definitely be chomping on some heads by now.
Who knows what the day will bring you? Life itself is an exiciting-enough fact to whip your Mary Janes out and deck yourself out in that flowered jumpsuit you've been dying to wear. I opt to dress the way I choose to, because, in my eyes, if I think I look dashing, that's all that matters. No need to wait for some spectacular reason to come throwing rocks at my window to get me up and scurry over my closet. Whether its a cloudless sky or showers of rain worthy of Europe's approval, it could turn out to be an exciting day, ranging from pirate encounters to an encounter with the your idol or someone telling you they like your outfit to the the unthinkable, and I'll be glad I dressed for it. Sure, there's a chance the only adrenaline rush you get that day is induced from the obligatory mile run in P.E., but then again, extraoridinary things have been to known to occur in ordinary days.
As for that traditional New Year's Kiss? Let's just say, I've got that peck under my wing.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shots of gorgeous outfits. I don't know where to begin, I'm speechless. I adore the Foreign Exchange dress, oh and the charms, then the gorgeous hand me down shirt from your mother. You have a beautiful style!
    I'm Jenna by the way, I found your blog on Yahoo answers recently when I posted up a question looking for lovely new blogs to follow, and yours is a definite follow!
    Thank you :)
    x

    ReplyDelete