23.1.11

Open Up Your Mind And Let Me Step Inside


Shirt: Downtown L.A
Polka Dot Dress(Worn As Very Puffy Skirt): Forever 21
Bow & Trash Skirt:: Crafted By This Lass Right Here
Shark Earring: Mummy Made
Elovelovelov Necklace: Er,ISorta"Borrowed"ItFromMySister.

Oh, Windy Days. Oh, Windy Days I Were Thee With a Trash Bag:

            I am the sort of individual who finds ways to get distracted very easily. For an art assigment, I was supposed to construct a trash bag backpack, but, when my eyes landed on that shiny, dark plastic, I couldn't pass on the opportunity of treating myself to a plastic skirt. I mean, helloooo, what's better than looking as if you are ready to be chucked in the garbage bin?  I am sure I'll make the back pack sometime later (read: the night beore the project is due), but, as of right now, I am perfectly happy with the rustling noises my skirt makes when I move across the silent classroom. (On the downside, I am sure I fucked up my sewing machine.)
             On the day I originally wore this, it was the kind of windy that makes you wish you weren't wearing a plastic skirt. Making my way through campus, I had to keep one hand on the front and the other one nearing my rear end to keep it from smacking some poor, unsuspecting sixth grader on the face, which made it seem like some sort of eccentric sexual gesture. Trash Bags are serious business, I tell ya... They have enough power to to force you into chasing after them if you've mad the decision to wear them.

              Lesson Learned: Trash Bags make an awesome clothing material and will protect you against rain or unexpected splatters of paint, but not if the wind nears the 40 mph mark.
         
                    I tried recreating the love I once had for everything Disney related, but it seems only my mind was able to make the connection. How come Minnie gets kick-ass bloomers AND a polka dot dress? Is it because she is the shit at Disney? Well, I am pretty famous too..... on the small planet called : My Cranium.

                                           (I still love you Minnie; it's Mickey I don't agree with.)

                                                                  BowLess Couple

7 comments:

  1. This outfit is soo lovely!! You remind us of this girl http://sugartime.blogg.se/2008/december/santa-baby.html your skirt (dress) is fantastic!!<33

    We love your blog! Following you :)
    Thanks for your comment!
    xoxo
    /Sara and Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOWZER!!

    That skirt is amazing! loved the effect!

    And the bow is so lovely!

    Love your blog, I´m absolutely following you! Hope you can follow back!
    I´m a fashion illustrator, and I´m telling a story from a lovely girl: SANABRA! hope you like her, she is so lovely!!

    THELOVELYSANDOTBLOGSPOTDOTCOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the shark earring!

    x
    http://tantrummagazine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! the earing i love! I think my friend especially will like them (and your blog) i shall send her a link maybe,,
    Really like your blog, the skirt and whole outfit is so creative! Am following, check out my blog?
    Flossie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol.

    "It's Mickey that I don't agree with"

    Me neither.

    Cute outfit btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sense of humor. Thank you for diverging from the class assignment. Isn't that how real art is made?
    I'm following you, now!
    Viva Los Angeles!
    http://theclothesstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete