26.1.11

With Lead Fingers Marking The Way


Men's Button Fancy Shirt: Salvation Army
Knitted Top: Swap Meet
Floral Skirt: Some Random Store...
Timberland Boots: Er.. The Timberland Store.. (Christmas Sales, Anyone?)
Pink Lace-ish Dress Underneath: Downtown L.A.

          I have a slight suspicion that I might be slightly bipolar when it comes to my wardrobe. I vary from looking like the flower child on some hippie's wedding to Dracula's biggest fan with all my black to a crayon-loving preschooler  from one moment to the the other.
          Maybe it's the fact that most of my clothes have taken residence on my bedroom floor, but everyday I want to push my boundaries out of the way and try some new idea out, no matter how bizarre it might sound in my head. I don't want to live in a filtered world where my comfort zone restrain me from ever seeing things through different windows. I want to jump at the chance of experiencing my own style, not turning something down because it might be too weird or earn me some glares. What I am trying to say is, I wanna taste a little bit of every meal, before deciding on my absolute favorite platter. (If that makes any sense at all?) I could marry and make an ode to the color black, yet I  also love the delicate touches the right pink lace can bring to an outfit. I love looking like I just assaulted the paints & glitter isle, but I do like to inhabit my Deadhead shirt once in a while. I admire the laid-back style of others, and still have my passionate love for those who try out the alternative route into a world of wild individuality.
        For me, choosing what to wear each morning is just like those days when you were little and always changed your job aspiration." I wanna be an astronaut. I wanna be just like Mrs.CaringTeacher." Instead, my hazy thoughts are more in the "Dude, you know what would rad? If you went for a Florist By Day/ Extra-Terrestrial  By Night type of orphan." Doesn't make much sense to me either, but , the outcomes are something, um, very nice-looking-ish. I even set the mood by listening to certain CDs or dwelling on certain "themes". I listened to the The Kinks' Village Green Preservation Society on the morning of this outfit, what a wonderful, wonderful album to get dressed to.




3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I just found your blog, I love it and you have amazing style.

    And Timberland boots?! Gah, I love you already. I'm saving up for a pair. I used to have a pink pair when I was about 8. Timberlands, DM's and any other kind of chunky boots, are the best footwear <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your skirt! I have a crush on your outfit as well!
    -Savy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your sweater.

    http://bensstylecorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete