18.5.11

Let us never sleep.


Having spent so many hours trapped in the consuming abilities of projects, it is only expected for me to get inspired by what I believe where my best efforts in art class this year. The bead-thing (crappy recreation of Larry Fuente's original work) above is actually just a shot of an entire bow bedazzled with hundreds of beads my gnarled, quivering hands struggled to hot glue in place. In my case, I am always either black and white or some sort of light pink color, and i have gotten to the stage where I cannot take any more black clothing in my body. Krystel needs color. The beast within her craves it like a dragon craves its freedom. She must unleash the ecstatic color explosion going off inside her and create some majestic rainbow creation. No more hiding behind minimalist colors, she screams, fury tinging her shrill cords. Color is to be sought and searched throughout every corner of the kingdom, she demands. FOR NARNIAAAAA!

(oh bejeebis, just ignore that lame bit up there, please? I'm running on this fuel I call "I-Haven't-Gone-To-sleep-In-Two-Days X1233NJ")

Forget my frizzin' side fro of a hairstyle, let's admire my chipping nail polish. It lasted a total of 2 days without a single chip; I am deeply proud of this accomplishment.

Behold the bag that erupted the Color flame deep within me.

        One lonely school day, I almost tripped and fell flat on my ass while walking to class, like any other day on my routine weeks of school-going. Tripping and making a fool of myself wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but what I found because of it was. I. Found. A. Dirt-Encrusted. Smiley. Pin. From that discovery, my day had been predicted by the Smiling Gods of Smiley Land to soar and bring smiles upon the smile-less me. Yeah, the pin looked more like a battered button than those nice shiny pins I imagine the the hippest of Hippies sporting, but, hey, it was free. Ever since that exceptional encounter with the pin, I've set my eyes upon on everything that contains smiles. Searching through clothing and images with smiling people sortagives me the creeps, I have no idea why, so I channeled (hate the fugging* word) this, er, whatchamacallit, happy vibe-y energy into the colors I only seem to wear in my head. But that will stop from now on, for I have vowed to follow the colorful path of daisies into the Unicorn meadows of --- Shit, I'll stop this now cause I sound like those "Don't Be Depressed" posters with the images of creepy smiling families. Just to make it clear, I just want a smiley bag, not a "Do Your Work and Succceed" campaign in teacher's rooms.



*An Abundance of Katherines, anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Colour is great!
    I find that wearing lots of it can freak people out or make them look at you like a crazy person. Therefore I strongly suggest the wearing of an abundance of colours =]
    I tend to look like a rainbow has vomited on me and people's reactions to this amuse me so much =]
    Also, congrats on the nail polish not chipping!
    I swear, mine doesn't last longer than an hour without a chip. I mean, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!

    Love-Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: OH MY GOD YOU HAVE SUCH GOOD TASTE IN ENTERTAINMENT. <3 <3 Dr. Who is my current obsession, most def. HAVE YOU SEEN THE IMPOSSIBLE ASTRONAUT EPISODE????? asdfjkl; BLOWS MY MIND

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, i miss smiley faces being everywhere! Anddd multicoloured beads, yay :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete