21.12.10

Huffed And Puffed After The Current Love Of My Life: The Hat

Bowler Hat Guy+ A Dash Of Charlie Chaplin+ The Minty Breath of a Pink-Bowed Cow can only equal to one thing... this and some odd combination where there's a skinny legged, pink cow with a fuzzy mustache, thick eyebrow makeup and an ambitious bowler hat. Not the case today, but it'll serve its purpose in the far future.


                   So for a while now, I was trudgering through a deep quest in the desolate hopes of finding a bowler hat, since I am the evil kind of girl with plans to take on the world and overpower the Richardson inventions. Wait, let's back this train up. That's not even how the movie actually went: Loner adorable school friend, who turns into creepy Unicorn folder-bearing dude, is tricked into world-domination by his manic bowler hat. Not me at all. Although I do have some adorable parts in me, like my ear or, um, that one freckle in my leg that my mom once mistook as filth. Anywho, naive me thought, "Psh, there must be like a gazillion bowler hats in the world. We'll stumble upon one soon enough, won't we brain?". Whether there is in fact a bajillion (gazillion?) bowler hats, I will never know. I did find some but at the exuberant prixe of of $58, they weren't in the economical area I had planned to splurge over for.  The one resting in my head does not reign the right to be deemed one since it's actually one like the one below but with the ends turned up.
(Does anybody rememeber that Power Puff episode, too? I used to just about piss myself whenever the zombie/magician popped in the scream. I am not gonna lie that mister still gives me the creeps.)

                 I am a beginner sewer. No, not that type where human waste, rats,polluted rain water, and the like collects in, but the one where there is needles, thread, and the occasional sewing-machine induced injuries. (What do you call it??? Sewist? Specialized Developer of the Fabric? Mesher of the Fabrics? Or do you just say you sew, no title needed to be dragged in?) You can debate that an entire year of failed projects and constant battle fighting with the machine is settled in the "Below Basic Nincompoop Who Should Really Stop Punching The Machine" territory, but things are finally starting to thread into line for me. I still find myself completing asymmetrical shorts or the entirely off-proportioned dress top, but at least now I know what it is that I am doing wrong, whereas in the begining I would just go on and on until my pant leg miraculously transformed into a dead-end tube better fitted to store my I-pod in. If I keep sewing, in 20-30 I'll be able to make a pair of sleeves that don't end up 5 fingers away from my wrist. I hope.

Boots: Walmart
Pink Skirt: Self-made ☻
Faux Bowler Hat: F21
 Inadequately Short-Sleeved Shirt: Unknown
LoveLoveLoveLoveLove: Necklace (Found In Garage. Possibly Sister's? Crosses fingers and hopes it isn't.)
Insect Brooch: Self-Made (Um, well, to put it in the honest way, I just glued it to a brooch.)
Bow In Hat: The Randomnest of Fabircs
Fish-Net Modest Hooker Tights: Swap-Meet
Black Net Skirt Under: Gift From Mum 
 Rad Cow Print Belt: Thrifted
Backpack: Thrifted

1 comment:

  1. I totally remember that Power Puff Girls episode.

    I was obsessed with that show back back in the day.

    Anywho.

    Hot outfit~ :D

    ReplyDelete