19.9.10

Persecution of the Shoulder Pads

Shoulder Pads. You hear it and cower in fear. Cover your children's eyes for what can only be described as a horryifing sight. Drop your milkshake as the ominent shadow is casted over your homes. Hundres of voices in unision as they perform a pitched scream at the sight of-- Okay, what is so Wrong about shoulder pads? Personally, I --- Wait a minute, all the neighborhood dogs started barking. Kind of creepy. ---- think they are cool. Sure, I look like a hulking ass-smacking footballer, but I feel the power of the thunderous lightning being created at my every step. Well, maybe it doesn't happen like that, but I am trying to make a point here and when you attempt to make a point things must flow your way, at least according to my Persuasion For Grimy Thinkers Edition 3.
Don't Think of it as a bad fashion statement left over from the 30s and 80s and embrace it as one of your own. Or don't. Sometimes I do kind of hate how it makes something look. Who am I to say what to like or not like? As much as I find Al Pacino to be sexy, I won't be marrying a Corleone anytime soon. Worst analogy made but I watched The Godfather for the first time today (!!!) and dear was it good!
What I was trying, and failed, to say is that I will broaden my "fashion" horizons and try out new things. I might have hated the mullet at some point in my life, but I love it now. No. No, I don't.

"Boddy Scrubber Look-a-Like", Shirt,Shoes: Forever 21 (all sales)
Shoulder Padded "Blazer": Going out of business store
Shorts: Same as
Socks: Target

2 comments:

  1. cool blog,
    I found you through gurl.com
    www.wearandwhen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smexy outfit. I LURVE dat blazer. OMG. I wanna steal it.

    ReplyDelete